This cow thinks Guinevere is a stupid ho.
I would totally love the Arthurian legends:
1. If Guinevere wasn’t such a bitchy adulterous precious “lady”.
2. If it weren’t for all the rape and pillaging.
3. If Lancelot wasn’t a wife-stealing manly-man show off.
4. If it weren’t for the sibling incest.
5. If it weren’t for the whole early Christian crusading flavor.
I used to be a great fan of the Arthurian legends. I even read “Le Mort D’Arthur” and loved the movie version “Excalibur”. I’ve read (and loved) Anne McCaffrey’s book “The Mists of Avalon”, Mary Stewart’s Crystal Cave trilogy, and “The Once and Future King” by T.H. White. But I’m tired of it. I’m tired of all the rehashing it gets in TV and film. I especially find it tedious that so much is made, over and over, of the whole horrid love triangle between Arthur, Lancelot, and the always awful Guinevere. I have always despised Guinevere. Every version trotted out irritates me even more than the last one. I’m eternally grateful to myself for never seeing the one with Kiera Knightly.
I’m completely done with this story. I refuse to be lured into yet another retelling.
It’s time to unearth a new unsubstantiated legend to fawn over.