It’s been a week since my sister left. I miss her. She’s up in the mountains having a little meditation and alone time which she both needs and deserves. My mom is doing pretty well here at home. I think Max is still thriving up in his eyrie but I should probably check on him today. For the last four days I have been researching a company I want to work for that’s hiring. This weekend I need to clean my house and prepare the spare bed for a visit from my friend Kathy. I’m pretty excited to see her and she’s going to help me with a few things like some bulk cooking for freezing.
This week I’ve finally been playing with my camera phone and phone apps. I may be the ONLY camera nerd who hasn’t been playing with them for years already. There are legitimate reasons for this and they are:
- Until smart phones came along I had no use for cell phones.
- When smart phones finally came along I couldn’t afford them.
- I continued to not be able to afford them for years. Plus I had a really great Canon p&s.*
- Without a smartphone phone apps weren’t all that useful to me.
- I have been jealous of Instagrammers for years now. It’s literally the only thing that made me want a cell phone.
- Then a friend gave us his old Android.
- Then I discovered that I could have a cell phone on the deaf person’s plan so no one could call me on it and suddenly smartphones are actually attractive to ME.
- But – Instagram isn’t for Androids. Boooooooooo.
- But wait! Now they make it for Androids too! But meanwhile I discovered the Vignette app. Which is pretty awesome! So I have both. I love the major sharing ease of Instagram but I like the effects of Vignette better. (Don’t throw your tomatoes at me!!)
- Now I have reached a new level of photo nerdery. The whole world is my eggplant!** But now I want an actual iPhone because I think they take better pictures. But maybe I just need an upgraded Android. And since Max will need a cell phone soon he could have my old Android.
- And the world just keeps spinning round and round.
- Until the sun explodes.
- The end.
*Which I still love best. Phoneography is really cool but I still love my point and shoot pictures best. I also like my DSLR but not as much as my S95. And then, of course, when we aren’t so strapped for money I really want to get a G series point and shoot.
**I would have said “oyster” but, dudes, nasty!